How to write a Real Estate Agent job description
Your job description is the first touchpoint between your company and your new hire. With millions of people searching for jobs on Indeed each month, a great job description can help you attract the most qualified candidates to your open position. To get you started, here are some tips for creating an effective job description.
Real Estate Agent job title
A great job title typically includes a general term, level of experience and any special requirements. The general term will optimize your job title to show up in a general search for jobs of the same nature. The level of experience will help you attract the most qualified applicants by outlining the amount of responsibility and prior knowledge required. And if your position is specialized, consider including the specialization in the job title as well. But avoid using internal titles, abbreviations or acronyms to make sure people understand what your job posting is before clicking.
Examples of Real Estate Agent job titles
- Real Estate Agent
- Associate Real Estate Agent
- Commercial Real Estate Agent
- Real Estate Agent (Part-Time)
- Real Estate Sales Agent
- Licensed Real Estate Agent
Real Estate Agent job summary
A great job description starts with a compelling summary of the position and its role within your company. Your summary should provide an overview of your company and expectations for the position. Outline the types of activities and responsibilities required for the job so job seekers can determine if they are qualified, or if the job is a good fit.
Example of a Real Estate Agent job summary
Do you love the excitement and changeable atmosphere of real estate? Do you have a license or are you pursuing one? Our growing real estate firm is hiring a Real Estate Agent to join our team and add value to our business. We will consider an experienced professional with a proven track record, but we are also looking for new talent. We provide a revolutionary internal training program that helps new Real Estate Agents find their footing and produce results quickly. Friendly, outgoing personalities are a must, and we want to work with professionals like us who enjoy hard work and who have genuine passion for the industry.
Real Estate Agent responsibilities and duties
The responsibilities and duties section is the most important part of the job description. Here you should outline the functions this position will perform on a regular basis, how the job functions within the organization and who the job reports to.
Examples of Real Estate Agent responsibilities
- Participate in active marketing initiatives, from cold calling to attending industry events
- Interview clients to determine their precise wants, needs, budgets and geographic limitations
- Prepare and proofread real estate documents, from leases to closing contracts
- Organize and oversee open houses
- Advise clients about mortgage options and help them fill out the requisite paperwork to expedite the home buying process
- Represent landlords who own multiple properties and need to keep a consistent occupation rate
- Attend closing dates and provide support for clients
Real Estate Agent qualifications and skills
Next, outline the required and preferred skills for your position. This may include education, previous job experience, certifications and technical skills. You may also include soft skills and personality traits that you envision for a successful hire. While it may be tempting to include a long list of skills and requirements, including too many could dissuade qualified candidates from applying. Keep your list of qualifications concise, but provide enough detail with relevant keywords and terms.
Examples of Real Estate Agent skills
- Real estate license preferred (though we’ll consider those working toward licensing)
- Interest in residential real estate a must
- Friendly personality with a genuine desire to help people find their dream homes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High comfort level with public speaking
Examples of Real Estate Broker skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business preferred
- State Real Estate Broker license required
- 3+ years’ experience as a Real Estate Agent or Broker a plus
- Excellent closing skills
- Ability to mediate disagreements between buyers and sellers
- Experience with tenant representation preferred
- Exceptional communication skills
- Working knowledge of computer programs and processes