Every person who applies for a Mississippi real estate broker license as a real estate broker shall be age twenty‐one (21) years or over and have his legal domicile in the State of Mississippi at the time he applies.
To become a Mississippi Real Estate Broker, an applicant:
- shall be subject to the jurisdiction of this state,
- subject to the income tax laws and other excise laws, subject to the road and bridge privilege tax laws.
- Shall not be an elector in any other state.
- Shall have held a license as an active real estate salesperson for twelve (12) months immediately before making an application for the broker’s examination.
- Shall have completed a minimum of one hundred twenty (120) hours of courses in real estate.
- Shall have completed the real estate broker’s examination as hereafter specified.
An applicant for a Mississippi real estate broker’s license must pass the broker’s examination with a grade of at least 80%.
The course traditionally begins on a Monday and continues to the Friday of that week.
It picks up the following Monday with the final being on Thursday.