2650 Beach Blvd. #35
Biloxi, Mississippi 39531
Leslie has over 20 years of active real estate brokering. She specializes in apartment complexes and 1031 tax deferred exchanges. She began her career in Long Beach, California and planned to retire after successfully investing in residential income producing properties.
Instead, Leslie and her husband, Broker Jim Clauson purchased Real Estate Training Institute on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi in 2011. She has written and published four Mississippi specific real estate exam textbooks, four variations of pre exam general information textbooks, and a book for the Tennessee exam. Leslie has had two 30-hour courses approved by ARELLO. In 2018, she connected the Myers-Briggs® theory of psychological types with her Continuing Education courses. Using her Myers Briggs® Practitioner License, she designed a certification series of real estate CE courses leading to the designation, “EXCEL Yourself” for real estate professionals.
- Real Estate Training Institute December 2010 to Current
Owner Instructor with over 30,000 hours of teaching Pre Exam Courses for Pre Salesperson and Pre Broker, Post Courses for Salesperson and Broker and Continuing Education.
- Coastal Services (Mississippi and California) 2000 to Current
Broker Owner – Commercial real estate investment and comprehensive property management services.
- Coastal Income Property, Inc. (Long Beach, California) 2001 to 2006
CEO – Responsible Broker
A corporation specializing in commercial residential real estate and IRS 1031 Tax Deferred Exchanges.
- IDECC – International Distance Education Instructor Program September 2016
- The DREI Committee with the Real Estate Education Association 2015 through 2016
- Pro Schools – NMLS Pre License Education December 2014
- Lumbleau Real Estate School – California Continuing Education every 5 years
- Real Estate Training Institute – License courses to obtain and maintain the MS Broker License
- Real Estate Trainers (California) – License courses to receive the CA Broker’s License
- Westfield State University – Bachelor Degree
Writer and Publisher of books on real estate and real estate education.
Developer of educational online and distance education websites.
Classroom and Online Course Development
Learning can never be late!